Title: Raptors Weekly Extra Podcast, Feb 5 – Chips on the Table
Date: February 5, 2016
Original Source: Raptors Republic
Synopsis: I hosted the latest edition of the Raptors Republic Weekly Podcast, talking about going all-in, trade deadline options, and the team’s sudden lack of wing depth.
The Extra podcast talks about putting your chips on the table with a trade, who a target could be, the play of Jonas Valanciunas, and more.
On this week’s episode, hosts Blake Murphy and William Lou discuss the following:
- The Raptors are second in the Eastern Conference with a reasonable path to the conference finals.
- Should they make a win-now move given how close they are to being the conference’s second-best team?
- There’s no way they use those picks anyway, right?
- How long is the window open for this group?
- Is Markieff Morris the right target?
- The Raptors are said to be interested. Can organizational culture overcome character concerns?
- What about P.J. Tucker, who the Raptors are also rumored to be interested in?
- Speaking of Tucker, the Raptors are quite thin on the wing with injuries to DeMarre Carroll and James Johnson.
- Norman Powell looked fine in his first outing filling in, but can he be relied on to start?
- Why is the team so damn tight-lipped with things like Johnson’s MRI results?
- Elsewhere on the roster, some are growing impatient with Jonas Valanciunas.
- Mentioned: Our Patreon page. If you appreciate the content we produce, want to support RR, and have the means to do so, we’ve started a Patreon page at patreon.com/RaptorsRepublic. Any contribution is greatly appreciated and will help us continue to do what we do, and try to do even more.